Find out if your product is regulated under the GSO Technical Regulation for Children’s Toys and Low Voltage Equipment (LVE) and Appliances.
Regulated Toy Products
- General toy (not intended for use by children under 3 years old)
- Functional toy
- Aquatic toy
- Activity toy
- Chemical toy
- Cosmetic kit
- Gustative game
- Olfactory board game
- Toys for under 3 year old children
- Skates, roller skates, inline skates, skateboards, scooters and toy bicycles for children
- Toys in food
- Protective masks and helmets
- Toys intended to be strung across a cradle, cot or perambulator using strings, cords, elastics or straps
- Finger paints
- Battery operated and/or electrical toy
- Other toys
Excluded products not under regulation include:
- Playground equipment intended for public use
- Automatic playing machines (whether coin operated or not) intended for public use
- Toy vehicles equipped with combustion engines
- Toy steam engines
- Slings and catapults
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information on any of these product categories, or for the complete list of regulated and excluded products.
LVE List 2 Regulated Products
GSO regulates LVEs based on two categories. The first category called "List 1" consists of products that do not require certification by a notified body. Instead, manufacturers must self-comply during the production process.
However, LVE List 2 products are subject to conformity assessment by notified bodies like Cotecna. Products regulated under the Gulf Technical Regulation for Children's Toys and Low Voltage Electrical (LVE) Equipment and Appliances List 2 include:
- Domestic electrical fans
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Washing machines, washers and dryers
- Food grinders, mixers and juice extractors.
- Hair-dressing apparatus and hand dryers
- Electric heating apparatus
- Microwave ovens
- Cookers, grillers and ovens
- Water heaters
- Electric Irons
- Plugs, sockets, extension cords, adaptors and chargers
- Air conditioners
All request must include the relevant Marking & Labelling information required by the specific GSO Standard and Technical Regulations for each product. All Markings should be in “Arabic” or “English” or both “Arabic & English”.
Request a Certification
To learn more about the Gulf Mark programme, or to get a product certificate for your exports, please send us a request.