Ensure your cosmetics labelling is conforming to the latest requirements from authorities when importing cosmetics in Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) has set some specific requirements regarding labelling when exporting or importing cosmetics to Saudi Arabia.
Labelling Requirements Cosmetics Products
Required on both primary and secondary packaging in English or Arabic (information marked with * is required in both English and Arabic):
- Product name and Brand name
- Function of product (unless it is clear) *
- Name and address of manufacturer
- Country of origin
- Weight /volume
- Durability (PAO / Best before)
- Date of production / batch n°
- Ingredients list (INCI names, in descending order of mass,…)
- Instructions of use and storage *
- Warning related to ingredients *
- Any other warning *
Type of warnings to be indicated for products packed in ampoules / vials (in English and Arabic) include:
- Cosmetic Product for external use
- Take proper precautions when opening
- Avoid contact with eyes
Other Labelling Requirements
- No medical claims
- Claims shall be substantiated
- No picture/visual that could be offensive to GCC customs and value
Do not hesitate to contact us to make sure your labelling is compliant to Saudi Arabia requirements.