The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) have released a new update regarding the adoption of the new SASO-IEC 62368-1 standard for a range of electronic products, effective July 1st, 2021.
Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) has announced the adoption of the new SASO-IEC 62368-1. Effective July 1, 2021, the authorities (SASO) will replace the Prescriptive adopted standards SASO-IEC 60950-1 and SASO-IEC 60065 and will only accept the SASO-IEC 62368-1:2017 (IEC 62368-1:2014) until 30th December 2022. From 1st January 2023, the only acceptable standard version for ICT and AV related products will be SASO IEC 62368-1:2020 (IEC 62368-1 Ed. 3.0).
SABER Certificates or SIRCs issued before 1st July 2021 and according to prescriptive approached standards will remain valid until their expiration dates.
Highlighted Categories of Products under SASO IECEE which are concerned by this new implementation include:
- Mobile phones
- Mobile phone chargers (with or without charging cable)
- Car chargers for mobile devices
- Wireless chargers for mobile phones
- Power banks
- Laptop and Tablet devices
- Smart watches
- Smart Bracelet (Smart Band)
- Television, Monitors and Display Sets
- Wireless Headphones
- Laptop Chargers (Laptop power adapter)
- Electronic smoking products
- Water pumps
- Solar photovoltaic products
- Lighting products
Adding to SASO IECEE (SIRC) Certification, the following range of products are also expected to require certification from 1st September 2021:
- Coffee makers
- Water kettle
- Video games (and accessories)
- Electrical oil fryers
- Electrical cables
- Water pumps with 5 hp and less
For more information, please get in touch with our experts.