SASO has announced an update on the standard for Air Conditioners and its implementation for 2021.
Saudi Arabia's Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) announced an update on the 8th of April for the mandatory Saudi Standard SASO 2663:2021 pertaining to the minimum energy performance, labeling and testing requirements for low-capacity window type and single-split air conditioners.
In line with this news, SASO is notifying all manufacturers and importers of the following important dates and phasing of implementation:
- From the 1st of January 2022, SASO will no longer be accepting applications based on the previous SASO 2663:2018 standard through its SLS electronic system.
- From the 1st of February 2022, SASO will stop issuing Certificates of Conformity for SASO 2663:2018 standard through SABER.
- On the 1st of March 2022 SASO will terminate all consignment certificates issued based on the previous standard through SABER.
- On the 1st of April 2022 SASO will implement the mandatory application of the updated SASO 2663:2021 standard for local customs ports and factories.
- On the 1st of July 2022 SASO will implement the mandatory application of update SASO 2663:2021 at local markets and warehouses.
If you would like to learn more about this update, or request a certification, please don’t hesitate to contact us.