To help guide you through the conformity assessment process of your cosmetic products, we have regrouped all the latest regulatory news and updates you should know about.
Before obtaining your mandatory Certificate Of Conformity for your cosmetic products, you need to make sure these products comply to GSO Technical Regulation GSO 1943/2016 and respect the latest regulations put in place by The Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA).
Please find below simple summaries of the latest circulars that the SFDA has published:
SFDA Circular 15923 – 01/2020 - “p-Phenylenediamine and its salts”
- Adjustment of the maximum permissible concentration of p-Phenylenediamine PD and its salts: (HCI p-Phenylenediamine) and (Sulphate p-Phenylenediamine) in oxidizing hair dyes to a percentage not exceeding 2% (as free base)
- Application date: June 2020
SFDA Circular 15922 – 01/2020 – “Trimethylbenzoyl Diphenylphosphine Oxide”
- Restriction of the use of the ingredient “Trimethylbenzoyl Diphenylphosphine Oxide” to artificial nails products only and not exceeding 5%.
- Obligation to add the following warnings on the product label:
- For professional use only
- Avoid skin contact
- Read directions for use carefully
- Application date: 01/2021
SFDA Circular 16906 – 01/2020 – “Prohibited substances Annex II of GSO 1943/2016”
- All substances listed in the attachment to the circular shall be added to annex II - List of Substances Prohibited in Cosmetic Products. Please find the Annex II on page 14 of the following document: https://members.wto.org/crnattachments/2015/TBT/KWT/15_2406_00_e.pdf
- Application date: Immediate
To be sure you are up to date with the latest requirements, please contact us and we will guide you through all the different steps before obtaining your Certificate of Conformity for clearance.