Ensure you up are up to date with the latest requirements from The Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) when importing cosmetics into Saudi Arabia.
As a trusted partner of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Cotecna is approved to support the SFDA Cosmetics programme and perform conformity assessment of cosmetic products.
As a reminder here are the requirements to obtain your mandatory certificate of conformity:
Saudi authorities' requirements
- The Importer must have a valid Commercial Registration Certificate which includes Cosmetics Trade as a registered commercial activity.
- The Importer must have an account with the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA), and a valid SFDA Warehouse Licence.
- Cosmetics and Perfumery Products must be notified on SFDA Electronic System eCosma.
- A Certificate of Conformity is mandatory before shipment.
- Products must comply with GSO Technical Regulation GSO 1943/2016.
- The labelling and marking should meet the SFDA requirements.
- The labelling must in Arabic.
- The labelling should not contain graphics or images or phrases that are inconsistent with Islamic traditions and prevailing social values in GCC countries.
SFDA market access requirements
- Enter product info in eCosma (warehouse licence, product notification, etc.)
- Ensure the product complies with GSO 1943/2016.
- Present a CoC for each shipment, issued by a SDFA approved Certification Body (such as Cotecna).
- Completed Request for Certification (RFC)
- Proforma/final invoice
- eCosma numbers for all products
- Batch numbers for all products
- Warehouse licence number of the importer
- Technical documents (test reports, ingredient list, specifications sheets, analysis reports, product labels, PIF, etc.)
- Test reports from ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
- Quality Management System documents / GMP certification
Do you need help in understanding how to obtain your Certificate of Conformity? Please don’t hesitate to contact us and our experts will be happy to guide you through the entire process.