Find out if your cosmetic product is regulated under the SFDA Cosmetics programme and what special requirements it is subject to before obtaining your Certificate Of Conformity.
Please note: This list is non-exhaustive and provided by way of example. Please contact us if you need help confirming if your product is regulated as a cosmetic and/or personal care product.
List of Regulated Products
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet , etc).
- Deodorants and anti-perspirants
- Eye decorative cosmetic products (eye shadow, mascara, brows, lids, pencil, lashes, cream and Kohl)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Finished Cosmetics products sent in bulk
- Hair care products: hair tints and bleaches, products for waving, straightening and fixing, setting products, cleansing products (lotions, powders, shampoos), conditioning products (lotions, creams, oils), hair dressing products (lotions, lacquers, brilliantines).
- Handwash liquid soaps
- Make up powders, after bath powders, hygienic powders, etc.
- Perfumes, toilet waters and eau de cologne
- Products for care of teeth and mouth (Mouthwash products containing alcohol are considered as banned products
- Products for external intimate hygiene
- Products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes
- Products for nail care and make up
- Products for tanning without sun
- Products intended for application to lips
- Raw material related to cosmetics covered by related SASO/GSO standard (GSO 1943/2016)
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions, etc)
- Skin- whitening products (except Hydroquinone containing products)
- Sun bathing products
- Tinted bases
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, glycerine soaps etc.
- Wet wipes
Request a Certification
To learn more about the SFDA Cosmetics programme, or to get a Certificate of Conformity for your exports, please send us a request.